2015 Brant Wildlife Festival Schedule
- Feb. 28, Opening Gala Fundraiser hosted by Arbutus Events at the Parksville Community & Conference Centre, 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. silent auction, $20 a ticket available here or at Soak Essentials, ReVived Vintage in Qualicum or Parksville Community Centre.
- March 1, Brantastic Observations Tour hosted by Gary and Ronda Murdock of Pacific Rainforest Adventure Tours from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. View Brant geese and seabirds from hot spots in Oceanside with field ornithologist and expert birder Christopher Stephens. Pre-register $30 per person, 250-248-3667 or email@example.com
- March 4-28, Photo Exhibit featuring Brant goose images by Rick Marotz at the McMillan Arts Centre in Parksville. Opening reception March 7th from 1 to 3 p.m. featuring refreshments. Gallery hours are Tues. through Sat., 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. phone 250-248-8185
- March 7, 25 Anniversary Celebration will be hosted by The Nature Trust of BC at the Quality Resort Bayside, 5 to 8 p.m. $35 per person for pasta dinner, silent auction, nature photo display and special presentations. Tickets available at the Bayside or by calling toll free 1-866-288-7878.
- March 8, Brantastic Observations Tour hosted by Pacific Rainforest Adventure Tours from noon to 5 p.m. View Brant geese and seabirds from hot spots in Oceanside with field ornithologist and expert birder Christopher Stephens. Pre-register $30 per person, 250-248-3667 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- March 22, Brant in the Bay hosted by the Arrowsmith Naturalists in Parksville Community Park to view Brant geese and other birds through spotting scopes, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Free
- March 23-27, Spring Break Nature Camp hosted by RLC Park Services at Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Ages 6 – 11, $40 each day or $180 for week. Pre-register at 250-478-9414
- April 11, Spring Songs Concert by the Cantando Chamber Singers at Knox United Church, Parksville, at 7:00 p.m. featuring songs from past and present; songs to inspire, and songs about love. Refreshments will be served. $10 per person.
- April 18, Eagle Release hosted by the North Island Wildlife Recovery Centre in Errington, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. view birds and other wildlife and see a rehabilitated eagle released into the wild. By donation.
- April 26, Hamilton Marsh Tour hosted by the Friends of French Creek, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Bring your friends and family to explore this amazing marsh outside Qualicum Beach and learn about the interesting plants and wildlife. By donation.
If you would like more information, want to volunteer or run an event, or have any questions, please call Robin Rivers at 1-866-288-7878 (604-924-9771 in Vancouver) or email email@example.com.