The 2019 Festival will occur in March and April on Vancouver Island.
March 23 – Birding Tour with Christopher Stephens
March 24 – Forest Bathing with Pacific Rainforest Adventure Tours
- Two tours: 10:30 AM and 1:00 PM
- Join knowledgeable and experienced eco-tour guides for the ultimate forest bathing experience to embrace the healing properties of trees, forest plants, ferns, mosses and lichens.
March 26, 28, April 1, 3, 5 – Deep Bay Marine Field Station Guided Tours
- Mar 26, Apr 1 & 3: 11:00 AM
- Mar 28, Apr 5: 2:00 PM
- Location: Deep Bay Marine Field Station
- Register online to attend; $12 per adult; $6 children ages 6 – 17; ages 5 & under FREE
- Join the knowledgeable guides at Deep Bay as they discuss features of this green building, marine conservation, sustainable seafood, and more in interactive group tours.
March 29 – “Winged Migration” Film
- Doors open 6:30 PM; movie begins 7:00 PM
- Location: Arrowsmith Independent School
- Admission by donation
March 31 – Brant in the Bay with the Arrowsmith Naturalists
- 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Location: Parksville Community Park
- Join the Arrowsmith Naturalists for this FREE event to view Brant geese and other birds, and have all your nature questions answered.
April 5 – Rare Birds & Wildlife Presentation by Dr. Sarah Otto
- 6:00 to 8:00 PM
- Location: Quality Resort Bayside, Parksville
- Join The Nature Trust of BC to hear Genius Award winner Dr. Sarah Otto highlight species at risk across Canada, especially birds.
April 6 – Eagle Release hosted by the North Island Wildlife Recovery Centre
- 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Location: North Island Wildlife Recovery Centre
- Admission: $5 suggested donation per person; children 12 & under FREE
- Join us to see owls, eagles, falcons and bears, as well as a wildlife garden. A rehabilitated eagle will be released into the wild at 2:00 PM.
April 6 and 7 – Pacific Brant Carving and Art Show
- Sat April 6 – 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Sun April 7 – 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Location: Parksville Community Center
- Admission: $5
- The show is organized by the Vancouver Island Woodcarvers Club and is a combined event including the Pacific Brant Carving Competition, the Pacific Northwest Fish Carving Championship and a separate competition for Woodturnings. The show also features a Wildlife Art and Photography Show & Sale and new Art Expo.